What’s New with Us
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Our COVID-19 Safety Protocol
As a healthcare provider, the health and safety of our patients and staff is an absolute priority as we address your eye care needs.
The following represents the precautions we are asking of you as you visit one of our locations:
* EVERYONE MUST WEAR A FACE COVERING (MASK).
* PRACTICE SAFE SOCIAL DISTANCING OF 6 FEET.
* THOSE WITH A TEMPERATURE OF 100 DEGREES OR ABOVE WILL BE RE-SCHEDULED.
* IF YOU ARE EXPERIENCING A COUGH, SHORTNESS OF BREATH OR DIFFICULTY BREATHING YOU WILL BE RE-SCHEDULED.
* ONLY THE PATIENT IS ALLOWED IN THE EXAM ROOM WITH THE DOCTOR.
* ONLY ONE PARENT OR GUARDIAN IS ALLOWED IN THE EXAM ROOM IF THE PATIENT IS A MINOR.
* IF YOU HAVE BEEN EXPOSED OR DIAGNOSED WITHIN 14 DAYS YOU WILL BE RE-SCHEDULED.
We are also taking additional protocols at the store level to provide you with the safest patient care possible.
Steps that we are taking to provide you the safest patient care:
- In the event that our location cannot provide adequate social distancing, we may ask you to wait in your vehicle and we will contact you once we are ready. PLEASE be patient and recognize that we want to keep every one safe and healthy.
- We will be limiting the number of essential exams to no more than 2 per hour. This will provide our staff ample time to disinfect and thoroughly clean after each patient visit. In addition, we will be limiting the number of customers in any location to allow for proper social distancing.
- Upon your arrival, staff will be taking temperatures of all patients with touchless thermometers that enter our locations and requesting that anyone with a temperature above 99.9 to reschedule for a later date.
- Our staff will have available to them masks, gloves, protective eyewear, slit lamp shields, disinfectant supplies, touchless thermometers, and breathe shields at workstations.
- All eyeglass frames will be disinfected routinely.
- All equipment and surfaces will be cleaned after every exam and patient visit.
- Our staff will be following the CDC guidelines for handwashing and sanitizing.
- Our Doctors of Optometry will be leaving the exam doors slightly ajar to promote circulation within the exam room.
- We will offer “curbside dispensing” of glasses and/or contact lenses if you are more comfortable. This service will also include repairs that you may require or orders you need to place.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you to the best of our abilities and in the safest manner possible as we have in years past.