What’s New with Us
COVID-19 Safety Protocol
Our COVID-19 Safety Protocol
As a healthcare provider, the health and safety of our patients and staff is an absolute priority as we address your eye care needs.
As of Monday, June 14, 2021 the following will be in effect:
- Customers/patients that have been vaccinated will no longer be required to wear a mask in the dispensary area.
- All customers/patients regardless of vaccine status will be required to wear a mask during their exam within the doctors lane.
- We are still recommending customers/patients maintain social distancing while in Centers.
- Our staff will continue to wear masks while in Centers.
- Only the patient is allowed in the exam room with the doctor
- Only one parent or guardian is allowed in the exam room if the patient is a minor
- If you’re experiencing a cough, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing, you will be re-scheduled
- If you’ve been exposed to COVID-19 or diagnosed within 14 days, you will be re-scheduled
We are also taking additional protocols at the store level to provide you with the safest patient care possible.
Steps that we are taking to provide you the safest patient care:
- In the event that our location cannot provide adequate social distancing, we may ask you to wait in your vehicle and we will contact you once we are ready. PLEASE be patient and recognize that we want to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Our staff will have available to them masks, gloves, protective eyewear, slit lamp shields, disinfectant supplies, touchless thermometers, and breathe shields at workstations.
- Again, all eyeglass frames will be disinfected routinely and all equipment and surfaces will be cleaned after every exam and patient visit.
- Our staff will be following the CDC guidelines for handwashing and sanitizing.
- Our Doctors of Optometry will be leaving the exam doors slightly ajar to promote circulation within the exam room.
- We will offer “curbside dispensing” of glasses and/or contact lenses if you are more comfortable. This service will also include repairs that you may require or orders you need to place.
- To support members of our community working in a medical setting or otherwise at high risk of virus transmission, we carry safety goggles for COVID-19 protection, available with or without prescription lenses.
We appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you to the best of our abilities and in the safest manner possible as we have in years past.